Tropic Euro
Launch Tropic Euro
Facebook
Twitter
RSS

Back or Undo button?

View the current roadmap and have your say about upcoming new features.

Back or Undo button?

Postby DerTyce » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:30 pm

I am liking the game very much. I play offline during slow periods at work. I am wondering if a future edition could include some kind of back or undo button that will let you undo the Roll that you selected if you have not done anything further. Several times in the game I select the wrong roll - usually the builder roll when either the building I want is already purchased or I cannot afford it.

Thank you, and keep up the good work!
DerTyce

Re: Back or Undo button?

Postby ChrisGibbs » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:15 am

Yeah this certainly is possible in future for the offline mode, and also not just for the last role selected, I would probably be able to implement it with the ability to undo each of the (human) commands throughout the entire game, i.e. right back to the start if need be.

Thanks for the idea - I've added it to the roadmap.
Chris Gibbs
Programmer/Musician at Inner Version Ltd
ChrisGibbs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wva » Tue May 20, 2014 11:20 pm

First, thanks for making an easy online version of this great game!

I would also really appreciate an undo button. The roles are quite close to each other and it is easy to misclick if you are using e.g. a trackpad or touch screen device. For all roles (except invester) the person playing the role is first to do something anyway, so there is no harm in allowing undoing a role choice. Investor could get a confirmation click to allow undo as well.
wva

Postby ChrisGibbs » Mon May 26, 2014 9:39 am

Hi wva, I was wondering if you had the chance to check out the touchscreen mode option? This adds quite a bit of separation between the role buttons.
Chris Gibbs
Programmer/Musician at Inner Version Ltd
ChrisGibbs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wva » Mon May 26, 2014 3:55 pm

I haven't, I'll see if I can find the option :)

Edit: Never mind, found the option: on the login screen. This is not very intuitive since you can't change or find the option anymore after login in.

The buttons are indeed better like that, I think I would make that default as it doesn't seem to cause too much clutter. However, I still would like a undo of sorts as I sometimes choose builder and then realize that I miscalculated the building costs, etc.
wva

Return to Roadmap / Suggestions