Tropic Euro
Launch Tropic Euro
Facebook
Twitter
RSS

Event notification systems

View the current roadmap and have your say about upcoming new features.

Event notification systems

Postby eqlipt » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:58 pm

If you played at phial PR server you may know there was a sound notification system, notifying players of most events like player entering the room, leaving the room, game start and finish, and so on. 'twas pretty handy
A possible improvement to sound notifications system might be a visual notifications (like task window flashing when someone enters the game). Could be put to use while working and waiting for people to join your game.
eqlipt

Re: Event notification systems

Postby Cucumber » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Playing from work and it would very useful for me too. Especially window flashing when someone enters the game.
Cucumber

Re: Event notification systems

Postby ChrisGibbs » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:33 am

Yeah I'd be drawn to visual notifications - sound notifications can tend to annoy quite a few people, and would require extra configuration options.

I was actually thinking recently of making the entire (white) chat area flash say orange (or fade from orange to white) whenever there has been the first new chat message for a while (more than say 5 or 10 minutes ago), to draw the other players' attention to the chat area. I could also make it flash when a player joins the game - would this work do you think?

In terms of making the actual window flash in the taskbar - this would probably only be possible on Windows and involves some hackery. Ideally I'd want to try a more general cross-platform solution first.
Chris Gibbs
Programmer/Musician at Inner Version Ltd
ChrisGibbs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Roadmap / Suggestions